|All available jobs||>||Jobs in United States||>||Remote Senior Laravel Engineer||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||We are looking for a well-rounded, team-focused PHP developer who cares about writing clean and well-designed code with 3+ years of experience in product teams.|
We're a team of people aged 22 to 38, from 5 different countries, based in New-York City and working remotely.
|Location:||New York, NY|
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||What we're looking for|
We're looking for someone who can start immediately for a minimum of four months, with an opportunity to extend longer based on the quality of their work.
This role is an opportunity to assist with building the next generation digital bank, doing things the right way from the start. We heavily emphasize legible code, robust testing, ownership of tasks and good communication skills.
Work with an Agile team that ships great, high-quality features. Come work with other senior developers in a fun and close-knit environment, delivering great software!
Your main responsibilities
- Implement APIs specific to a SaaS product. API specifications have been produced.
- Develop events that trigger data deliveries to third party webhooks. Webhook specs have been produced.
- Assist your teammates in implementing new bank technologies on the back end server.
- Assist the tech team with bug tickets that may arise.
- Assist the support team with issue investigation to identify customer support issues and provide a plan of action to resolve them.
- Test custom integrations with third party companies, where the API's exist primarily on Clair's systems.
- Attend daily standups with the tech team, participate in planning meetings and provide documentation as needed on specific elements.
- Review teammates' code in pull requests using Github.
- Deploy code to sandbox environment for QA teams.
- Interacting with our deployment pipeline to troubleshoot code or infrastructure issues.
- Actively practice TDD with every task, to be directly integrated into our CD pipeline.
- In depth knowledge of web development, from the initial request to displaying the final result
- Full understanding of good practices with RESTful API design
- Ability to digest third party API docs and design integration frameworks
- Senior level knowledge of the latest Laravel framework (currently 7.x; yes we keep our framework updated!)
- Knowledge of common Laravel packages
- Knowledge of Laravel ecosystem packages, such as Nova, Telescope, Forge, Vapor
- Knowledge of AWS Lambda hosting services
- Experience with Laravel testing tools
OO Design and design patterns; ability to solve problems in a simple, neat and organized way
- Ability to travel to team headquarters in New York City for team meetings (once Covid clears)
Things we consider a plus:
- Experience with FinTech products
- Scalable software and technologies that support it
Common CI/CD practices & technologies, including ChipperCI & SentryIO
- Load and performance testing on existing systems
Clair is a mission-oriented, VC-backed startup with a positive, street-smart attitude. Our #1 focus is to build a financial product that frees the minds of hourly workers from thinking about bills and debt.
And we're pulling it off by creating the world's first digital bank that gets them paid, as soon as they clock-out of work (on top of being a legitimately better banking app than you probably have right now).
We're a super flat culture where everyone is responsible for what they own. And we learn a lot from each other.
Clair is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.