|All available jobs||>||Jobs in United States||>||Remote Senior Data Engineer||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||We are looking for a full-stack Data Engineer with a head for business to join our WooCommerce team!|
You will be able to work remotely from anywhere in the world.
|Location:||San Francisco, CA|
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||We are the company behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, and more!|
Communication with and empathy for our colleagues is a key part of this job – curiosity about the puzzles they face is a requirement.
Data can be unruly: you’ll need to be prepared to face uncertainty and provide your best guess sometimes – your work will be as much about architecting and improving data pipelines as it will be about creating excellent reporting and solving business problems.
The Woo Data & BizOps team needs a new Data Engineer. We help inform our business and product strategy by providing insights through data analysis.
As The Data Engineer on our team, you will:
- Work with business leads, analysts, data scientists, and fellow engineers to build data products that empower better decision-making.
- Architect and improve data pipelines using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Impala, and Airflow.
- Deeply understand business drivers to craft automated, easy to use reports and data visualizations in our BI tool (we use Looker).
- Perform exploratory business analysis and deliver clear and actionable written reports.
- Be constantly raising data quality. That includes auditing sources, documenting issues, driving resolutions together with other teams, and implementing well-documented, performant, and tested improvements.
At Automattic, we believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1200 Automatticians in 75+ countries speaking 90+ different languages.
Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
How to Apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team.