|All available jobs||>||Jobs in United States||>||Remote Web Developer||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||We are looking for a Web site developer to take our web presence to the next level.|
|Location:||San Francisco, CA|
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||We started Chameleon after being frustrated at poor user onboarding, and feeling required to speak with sales before we could start using new products.|
We were early in this "product-led" or "product-first" movement, but now it is a big strategic theme for many companies.
And we help make it happen: our mission is to help other software teams better enable a "self-serve" experiences for their users.
This means enabling our customers to offer personalized, contextual, dynamic in-product UX that help their users succeed, without the need to speak to a human, or read a doc outside the product.
We are in a competitive space and our product is amongst the best, we want to ensure this is reflected in the market.
A big part of this comes from our website, which is a product in itself, and we want to make this the best out there!
Therefore we are looking for a Website Developer to take our web presence to the next level.
This will include both our product marketing site and also auxiliary web tools (i.e. fun marketing projects) that add value to the community, while enabling people to discover Chameleon.
What you will do specifically
- You will own the development of our web properties:
- Revamp our current marketing site on the surface and under-the-hood to better welcome and engage visitors
- Develop new CMS templates and structured content to better empower our marketing team to create new pages and content without needing engineering involvement
- Contribute to design thinking and outputs to craft beautiful and effective interfaces
- Manage and own the whole web testing and deployment process
- Create interactive web-based tools as part of marketing projects to showcase value and drive interest. See an example from our site here, and from another company here.
- You will get the creative freedom to express yourself, but with clear direction that's driven by business goals, and no shortage of feedback or ideas.
Our team is growing, we have tens of thousands of visitors each month, and our company value is increasing.
We release quickly and hold high standards; when working with us you'll be expected, pushed, and supported to do your best work.
Our stack and tooling
- Statamic (Laravel/PHP based CMS)
- TailwindCSS and AlpineJS
- Figma for our design system and brainstorming
- Slack, Notion, Airtable, Google Docs, Trello, Zoom for collaboration
Skills and experience that will aid success in this role
We are looking for someone who understands and enjoys the startup world; who is motivated, proactive, able to take things from 0 to 1 (e.g. build and improve processes) with limited direction, and can succeed within constraints.
Skills and experience for this job:
- 3+ years of full-time experience as a web developer / front-end engineer
- Passion for beautiful and effective design (e.g. interest in typography, grid layout etc.)
- Familiarity/comfort with tools in our stack
- 1+ years of startup (<50 employees) experience
- You have a fully functioning workstation and a quiet place to work (and take calls) with a high-speed internet connection
- You are in an Americas or European timezone (i.e. based in 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇧🇷 🇨🇱 🇬🇧 🇫🇮 🇵🇹 🇪🇺 🇿🇦 etc.)
- This is your full-time job (no other part-time roles)
Fluency (written and verbal) in English
Learn more about our product, team, culture, vision, and benefits in our overall jobs page: Work with us at Chameleon
We believe individuals are so much more than their labels, and encourage candidates from all walks of life (all genders, ethnicities, ages, educational backgrounds, sexual orientations etc.) as we strive to build a diverse team. If you’re unsure, just apply!