|All available jobs||>||Jobs in United Kingdom||>||Remote Back End Engineer||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||We are looking for an experienced Backend-End Engineer to join our international tech team, with a passion for creating beautiful and easy-to-use APIs and solving interesting problems.|
You will be able to work remotely 100% from anywhere in the world.
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
As a key member of our team, you will have the chance to directly impact the business by helping shape the direction of our technology architecture and contributing to our back-end development processes.
Our backend is based on PHP with the Symfony 5 MVC framework & the Sylius e-commerce framework, and we utilize a cloud-based infrastructure in Heroku and AWS.
We love microservices, agile development, and experimenting with new technologies.
- Building new product features for both our customers and our operations team
- Work closely with designers and front-end engineers to create innovative and usable solutions
- Helping shape the technical direction - we are still a young company, and your choices will become the building blocks of our infrastructure
- We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of backend programming experience in PHP, Python, Ruby, or similar and at least one object-oriented web framework (preferably but not necessarily Symfony, Laravel, or Zend)
- Good working knowledge of at least one version control software (Git, SVN, Mercurial, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of automated testing frameworks such as PHPUnit
- Strong focus on performance and building efficient and scalable solutions
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous stock option plan
- Ownership of goals and a direct impact on the business
- A fun and friendly working environment with sharp and motivated co-workers
- Join in the early stages of one of the most promising startups in the wellness space
- This is a full-time permanent contractor position.