|All available jobs||>||Jobs in France||>||Remote PHP Engineering Coach||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||As an engineering coach, you will be responsible for empowering the team to deliver sprint objectives successfully.|
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||Our engineering team consists of 4 PHP and 2 Python developers.|
You will help them to grow and choose the right technical directions.
You will guarantee the quality of our codebase and make sure that what is delivered meets the expectation of the product direction.
You will spend approximately 60% of your time on engineering and 40% on coaching.
These activities and timings are a guideline. We know that the needs of the business will drive variations on a week-to-week basis.
What you will be doing
- Empower team to deliver sprint objectives successfully
- Increase team culture and collaboration between developers
- Taking leadership on technical choices
- Pushing high-quality code
- Contribute to continuously improving our codebase through new features and significant fixes development.
- Day-to-day sprint work to:
* provides technical leadership
* set priorities
* empowers the team to make decisions
* drives continuous improvement
* keeps the team focused and moving forward
* empowers the team to deliver sprint objectives and quality
- Collaborates with Product Owner, other teams, and manager to plan sprints
- Develops team’s technical expertise and mastery
- 1:1s and Performance assessments
What Do You Need To Excel at This Job:
- Deep knowledge of PHP
- You will bring proven experience in building, improving, and maintaining PHP solutions. You develop using modern PHP (for example, OOP, Composer, or PSR’s) and know when to use procedural.
- Experience with web applications at scale (hundreds of thousands of users)
- Our services receive millions of requests per day, which is constantly growing.
- We will need your experience to scale it.
- Experience with coaching and leadership
- You have experience in loading and helping a team of developers to grow.
- Previous experience with Scrum
- We are using Scrum methodology to develop our software. You should be used to working with Scrum.
- Knowledge of WordPress (bonus)
Our products are built on top of and used within WordPress.
We use a superset of WordPress coding standards.
If you don’t have WordPress experience, we’ll teach you.
We’ll show you how to leverage its APIs and helper functionality.
- Knowledge of Python (bonus)
Several parts of our stack use Python (Django), knowing Python would be a great help for our Python team.
What Else You Should Know About Our Company: WP Media
Founded in 2014 in the beautiful Lyon, France, WP Media is an equal opportunity employer with a distributed team of +35 teammates living around the world.
Do We Share the Same Values?
Yes, the values are mutual respect, collaboration, and inclusivity.
These are the fundamental values that support our life as a team.
Have a healthy balance between work and private life.
We encourage our employees to enjoy their family and hobbies with flexible working hours and a minimum vacation policy (you should take a minimum of 5 weeks per year).
We care about the work you do, not about the hours you sit at your desk.
You can organize your working day with flexible working hours.
There are no time cards to stamp, just customers to make happy and friendly teammates with whom you can collaborate.
We like to see each other in person whenever possible.
Every year, we organize a trip with the whole team and spend a week of coworking and fun activities together.
To give you an idea, we have traveled to Spain, Portugal, and Mexico so far.
Now that we’ve told you so much about us, it’s your turn.
Let us know why you would like to become our Engineering Coach and why you think you are the person we need.
We can’t wait to receive your application!