|All available jobs||>||Jobs in United States||>||Contract Remote Laravel Developer||>||Apply to this job|
|Summary:||Our company is seeking a talented, experienced and self-driven contract Laravel developer to support various internal & external web applications for a minimum of 2 months.|
You will be able to work remotely in this job.
|May telecommute:||Yes (May work remotely)|
|Description:||Foreign Policy (FP), the premier news and analysis publication for international relations, is seeking a talented, experienced and self-driven contract Laravel developer to support various internal & external web applications for a minimum of 2 months.|
The primary focus of this role will be to support an application built to consume large sets of data from various external APIs including but not limited to Google Analytics, Piano and WordPress.
The main responsibility of this role will be to work closely with our in-house development and creative teams to add, modify and debug features from this existing and other future codebases.
If this sounds like itís right up your alley, and you are passionate about Laravel and know your way around the framework, then you are the person we are looking for.
In this contract role you will:
- Write clear, concise, consistent and well documented HTML/CSS/JS/PHP code
- Develop new features and components utilizing OOP paradigm and MVC architecture
- Develop features using Laravel controllers, models, factories, seeders, migrations, jobs, views, middleware etc.
- Develop new API consumption classes that will utilize Laravel jobs to sync data from 3rd party APIs to a local Laravel instance
- Provide solutions on how to tackle challenges with storing, maintaining and retrieving large data sets
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve existing codebase(s)
- Write code that is testable, scalable and maintainable
Collaborate with our team of developers and UX designers to develop frontend views for handling interaction with server side components
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or relevant field experience
- Strong communication, organization and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively while prioritizing projects
- A minimum of 3-5 years of combined experience with Laravel 6, 7, or 8
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience with RESTful APIs
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience with SQL schema design
- Experience optimizing and troubleshooting MySQL databases
Desired but not required:
- Knowledge of Piano.io, Google APIs
- WordPress / VIP Go experience
The tech stack we are currently utilizing is:
- PHP 7.4 & 8 / MySQL 8
- DigitalOcean & Digital Ocean App Platform
- WordPress VIP Go
Foreign Policy is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.
All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.