|Last Updated|| ||Ratings|| ||Unique User Downloads|| ||Download Rankings|
|2017-06-11 (3 months ago) ||Not enough user ratings||Total: 127 ||All time: 8,582 This week: 597|
This package can manage address book stored in a database with PDO.
It can store in a database contact information records with first and last name, street, post code and city.
The package provides a AJAX based user interface to display and edit the contacts in an address book database table.
|Address books are useful to keep track of user contacts in a database.
This package provides an AJAX based user interface to manage the information of an address book.
Tiny Address Book
This demo application shows the design and programming techniques used in my projects. Some of the components of vRegistry framework are used. All the code is original (except some standard functions).
The database consists of contacts and towns tables containing First & Last Name, Street, Postcode and Town data. The records can be added, deleted or modified. The table can be browsed and saved in XML format. Double-clicking on the row selects the record for editing. The towns list must be edited outside.
The demo is uploaded on [arc.vregistry.com].
Design & programming
OOP MVC principles are followed both on the back and front end. The AJAX is used for client-server communications. See [app.vregistry.com] regarding the techniques.
- Webserver: Apache or IIS supporting PHP and MySql
- PHP: version 5.4+, PDO mysql and sqlite extensions
- MySql: version 5+, Innodb engine
- Browser: any common (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, Opera,...), newer version
Unpack the abk.zip to your local/remote webserver retaining the folder structure. Create and load the MySql database from the sql files supplied. Find/change the connection properties in the configuration file /pri/abk/abk.xml (node db):
- nme - database name
- usr - access username
- pwd - access password
- pfx - database and username prefix (if hosting requires)
The files are arranged in folders according to their scope and functionality.
The root folder contains default startup. The folders:
- pri - private server-side files; subfolders:
+ abk - application files
+ sys - framework files
+ tmp - temporary workfiles
- pub - public client-side files; subfolders:
+ css - stylesheets
+ pic - images
- dev - miscellaneous development data
The abk and sys folders (may) have the subfolders:
- _act - actions PHP code *.php
- _css - dynamic CSS code *.css
- _lib - PHP classes *.php
- _srv - action's PHP services *.inc
- _tpl - htm templates *.phtml
- index.php - startup
- php.php - check PHP version
- pri/.htaccess - deny access
- pri/gateway - common data gateway
- pri/startup - bootstrap
- dev/abook_data.sql - MySql data loading queries
- dev/abook_struc.sql - MySql structure queries
- pri/abk/abk.db - dictionary
- pri/abk/abk.xml - configuration
- pri/abk/_act/abook.php - main panel creator
- pri/abk/_act/browse.php - browse panel creator
- pri/abk/_act/finish.php - bye panel creator
- pri/abk/_act/shell.php - layout creator
- pri/abk/_css/shell.css - layout style
- pri/abk/_js/abook.js - editor/browser class
- pri/abk/_lib/Frontal.php - front controller class
- pri/abk/_srv/abook.inc - data manipulation
- pri/abk/_srv/browse.inc - browse services
- pri/abk/_tpl/abook.phtml - panel template
- pri/abk/_tpl/browse.phtml - browse template
- pri/abk/_tpl/shell.phtml - layout template
- pri/sys/_act/download.php - file download dialogue
- pri/sys/_lib/Base.php - base functionality class
- pri/sys/_lib/Common.php - common methods & properties class
- pri/sys/_lib/Database.php - database abstraction layer class
- pri/sys/_lib/IData.php - database I/O layer interface
- pri/sys/_lib/Mypdo.php - PDO I/O layer
- pri/sys/_lib/Texts.php - multilingual texts class
- pri/sys/_tpl/exit.phtml - finish/error panel template
- pri/sys/_tpl/exits.phtml - exit panel shell template
- Mar 2017
- shell design correction
||Applications that use this package
No pages of applications that use this class were specified.
If you know an application of this package, send a message to the author to add a link here.