|Last Updated|| ||Ratings|| ||Unique User Downloads|| ||Download Rankings|
|2019-06-10 (15 days ago) ||Not enough user ratings||Total: 98 This week: 8||All time: 9,198 This week: 43|
This package can Search for data taking common words typed by users.
It takes as parameters a string with common English words types or spoken by the users.
The package sends HTTP requests to the Daft.ie API with the words entered by the users to search for the data he wants.
Simple Free Text Property Search
Free Text Search Engine for the Irish Estate Properties using the Daft.ie API.
The Engine translates what the user are looking for and transforms the input string into a string requests and then will send that request to the Daft.ie API.
In this script, I use:
- PSR0 to PSR4 coding standards
- Formatted/documented code
- DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) principle
- OOP code (including PHP Interfaces & Traits (PHP 5.4 specification)
- spl_autoload_register (which is very useful with PHP namespaces)
- View/Controller pattern
- Singleton pattern (even if not necessary...)
- PHP alternative syntax for the template (which makes the visibility easier)
- Class member access on instantiation (PHP >= 5.4)
- Short Array syntax (PHP >= 5.4)
- Using SOAPClient
Search Query Examples
- 2 or 3 bed to rent between 1000 and 2000
- 3 bedrooms to buy in Dublin
- 2 or 3 beds apartment to rent in Cork around 400 and 600 euro
- 4 bedroom house to let in Galway for 1000 around 900 and 14000 per month
- Search Type (Rental/Sale)
- Price (Min-Max)
- Bedroom (Min-Max)
- Property Types (house, apartment, site)
- House Types (terraced, semi-detached, detached, end-of-terrace, townhouse)
- Retrieve Areas from the API
- Retrieve Counties from the API
- Each search term has its own Class and is getting back by the "Parser" class and included by spl_autoload_register() SPL function
- HTML5 speech-input search
- Displayed the property results thanks to Daft's API
Other Coding Convention
In addition of using the PSR and PHP Pear, I use my own for the naming of the variables
Here are the variable prefixes:
* a = Array
* i = Integer
* f = Float, Double
* b = Boolean
* s = String
* o = Object
* m = Mixed
* r = Resource
* c = 1 Character (I used only sometime that, as char is not a PHP valid type)
Following the "letter type lower case, the variable name is in UpperCamelCase (e.g., $aMyVariable)
Server Requirements of the Web App
Application Server PHP 5.4.0 or higher.
PHP Extension SOAPClient
I'm Pierre-Henry Soria, IT developer and passionate about e-businesses and marketing.
Where to contact me?
You can by email at pierrehenrysoria [[AT]] gmail [[D0T]] com
The script is under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license or later; See the LICENSE.txt file.
||Applications that use this package
No pages of applications that use this class were specified.
If you know an application of this package, send a message to the author to add a link here.