package hn_htusers.class.php + hn_htusers.manager.php
author Horst Nogajski <info at nogajski.de>
date 19. October 2009
A PHP-Class to manage Users and Groups in Apache-Webserver-Environments,
optional with extra information in a third file. (htuser htgroup htinfo)
The package can be retrieved from http://hn273.users.phpclasses.org/hn_htusers
It comes with the two mainfiles (hn_htusers.class.php + hn_htusers.manager.php)
a short_documentation.html and some example files 'hosted' in a Frameset for
a quick test and compare of different settings. Also you may see in examples:
- how to test your setup,
- embedd a dynamic ChangePassword-Form into existing HTML-Code,
- use HTTP-Auth with .htaccess files in directories,
- use HTTP-Auth without .htaccess files, but with PHP,
please read the short_documentation.html, look into the examples, as well
as into the commented ClassCode.
Jarno Elonen created the original script and basic functions in 2004
Sarah King converted the functions to a class and built in user management routines in 2005
Horst Nogajski - built in group-support and extra infos (both optional)
- uses Apache-Style MD5-Cryption Passwords. Now works cross-platform (win,unix)!
- built in CSS-Styles for more useability
- built in Validation (min-max length, allowed Chars) for all entries
- LockingMechanism is more robust. Needed, because now every user may
send (lots) requests resulting in writeaccess to the file(s), (password or info)
- and some more 'hardening'
- all in 2009
Copyright (C) 2004 Jarno Elonen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <http://elonen.iki.fi/>
Copyright (C) 2005 Sarah King <http://sarahk.pcpropertymanager.com/>
Copyright (C) 2009 Horst Nogajski <http://hn273.users.phpclasses.org/browse/author/45770.html>, <http://nogajski.de/>
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification,
are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this
list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice,
this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation
and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived
from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR
BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES;
LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND
ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE,
EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- Dennis Riehle <email@example.com>
- perl's Crypt::PasswdMD5 by Luis Munoz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- phyton's md5crypt.py by Michal Wallace http://www.sabren.com/
- /usr/src/libcrypt/crypt.c from FreeBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE
It's based on the implementation found on FreeBSD 2.2.-RELEASE and
contains the following license in it:
"THE BEER-WARE LICENSE" (Revision 42):
<email@example.com> wrote this file. As long as you retain this notice you
can do whatever you want with this stuff. If we meet some day, and you think
this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return. Poul-Henning Kamp
apache_md5_crypt() provides a function compatible with Apache's
.htpasswd files. This was contributed by Bryan Hart <firstname.lastname@example.org>.