|Last Updated|| ||Ratings|| ||Unique User Downloads|| ||Download Rankings|
|2018-03-22 (4 months ago) ||Not enough user ratings||Total: 334 ||All time: 6,912 This week: 794|
This class can fill records of MySQL tables with test data.
It takes the SQL dump file of a MySQL database and parses it to extract the list of database tables.
The class executes SQL statements to insert records on the MySQL database tables.
The new record field values can be generated randomly or set to a constant value.
The number of records to insert, the range of characters to use in random data and the character set encoding are configurable parameters.
Fill MySQL database tables with test data by parsing the SQL schema file.
- Quickly populate database tables with row data for testing SQL retrieval.
- Assist in testing complex database schema, before moving the database to a production environment.
- Check table field population with specified datatypes, potential data truncation, visual cues etc.
- Test database connection encoding and character encoding, and data insertion speeds.
Originally, I needed to populate a database containing 14 complex tables. Tools such as Spawner are useful populating small tables, but in this case, specifying the datatypes for 300+ fields to initiate Spawner would have been insanity.
Instead, why not parse the SQL schema?
- The script expects the database schema to exist in MySQL (
mysql -u root -p < test.sql).
- All table names and column names in the MySQL schema require back-ticks.
- Unique keys must be removed from tables when using the option 'random_data' => FALSE
- The majority of MySQL datatypes are supported.
- Any foreign keys are disabled on data population.
- Random character generation is slow in PHP, and such slowness further depends on field length, number of fields, and the number of rows being generated.
- Multiple INSERTs are added in a single query, which is quite fast. Number of INSERTs per second will depend on MySQL configuration settings (default is not optimised), datatype / length inserted, operating system, hardware, etc.
Adjust the array connection details and parameters in databasefiller_example.php file.
Then execute the file with PHP on the command-line:
or run the file through a web server e.g.
Database Filler is released under the GPL v.3.
||Applications that use this package
No pages of applications that use this class were specified.
If you know an application of this package, send a message to the author to add a link here.