|All requests||>||read and write ini file||>||Request new recommendation||>||Featured requests||>||No recommendations|
by Marco Mariani - 3 years ago (2015-05-22)
I need to create a simple Web page that prints a .ini file. I also need to modify the .ini file in the Web page using a save button.
1. by Gerry Danen - 3 years ago (2015-05-22) Reply
Based on discussion, you are likely looking for a forms manager to deal with putting values from an ini in fields and retrieving the user input, rather than a .ini file manager.
Is that correct?
2. by Marco Mariani - 3 years ago (2015-05-26) in reply to comment 1 by Gerry Danen Comment
yes I need this: put the vaulues of a .ini files into a table in a webpage and then I need to modify the values in the webpage and save the values with a save button (in the webpage) into the .ini file. But I don't understand how to create an interface that works with the php code (for example the raccomanded package!).
Any advice? I need something as soon as possible!
Thanks a lot for the support! You are all very kind!!! ;)
3. by Pierre Delporte - 3 years ago (2015-05-27) in reply to comment 2 by Marco Mariani Comment
Why not simply use "parse_ini_file" from PHP itsel ?
4. by Pierre Delporte - 3 years ago (2015-05-27) in reply to comment 3 by Pierre Delporte Comment
and of course, I forgot to mention it "write_ini_file" to save back.
5. by Marco Mariani - 3 years ago (2015-05-27) in reply to comment 4 by Pierre Delporte Comment
where i need use that? in the html page or in the php page? Because I'm using an html page with the interface in where is included the php page that do the work!!!!
Can you put a raccomandation?
6. by Pierre Delporte - 3 years ago (2015-05-27) in reply to comment 5 by Marco Mariani Comment
This should go into the php page that do the work. Now it is difficult to tell you how, as everything is not clear. Can you send the whole thing so we could have a look, or send an url where we could better try to understand your problem ?
This class do exactly what you need in few lines of code.
I would give this one a try, it uses grep like features in case you want to only present and change particular lines. You will need to design the interface, however this class should be able to do the work you need.
1. by Marco Mariani - 3 years ago (2015-05-22) Reply
thanks I'll try, but now I'm thinking anathor way... create a db with a management page with a button that give this function...
mysql> SELECT * FROM print_tbl
-> INTO OUTFILE '/tmp/print.ini';
do you think it is a good idea?
thank a lot for the support!
2. by Gerry Danen - 3 years ago (2015-05-22) in reply to comment 1 by Marco Mariani Reply
How do you plan to get the .ini file back into the db table?
3. by Marco Mariani - 3 years ago (2015-05-22) in reply to comment 2 by Gerry Danen Reply
any advice? :)
4. by Gerry Danen - 3 years ago (2015-05-22) in reply to comment 3 by Marco Mariani Reply
If you have a DB table, you don't need an ini file. Just maintain the DB table.
If you DO want the ini file, don't use a DB table. That makes it unnecessarily complex.
5. by Marco Mariani - 3 years ago (2015-05-22) in reply to comment 4 by Gerry Danen Reply
ok but I've used php only for websites... create a php program also with the beautiful code in this website it's too diffucult for me, I need something with an interface!!! advice?
thanks a lot