|All requests||>||Filtration mechanism||>||Request new recommendation||>||Featured requests||>||No recommendations|
by Amit Ganapati Bhosale - 5 years ago (2015-08-09)
How to implement filtration mechanism in shopping portal?
3. by Yerfry Ramirez - 5 years ago (2015-08-15) Reply
Are you perhaps asking for a text content filtrator or what? We need more information of what you actually need.
4. by Yerfry Ramirez - 5 years ago (2015-08-15) in reply to comment 3 by Yerfry Ramirez Comment
Note: This is leant to be used for the product title, It's value abd also validate credibility of pre-defined data.
5. by Dave Smith - 5 years ago (2015-08-16) in reply to comment 4 by Yerfry Ramirez Comment
So this request is really just looking to validate user input, correct?
6. by Yerfry Ramirez - 5 years ago (2015-08-16) in reply to comment 5 by Dave Smith Comment
Yes, so it seems.
7. by Manuel Lemos - 5 years ago (2015-08-16) in reply to comment 3 by Yerfry Ramirez Comment
I think what he wants is a system to filter products listed on a shopping search page.
For instance go to Amazon.com and search for TV . On the left side you can see several characteristics of TV like TV Display Size, Television Resolution, Brand, etc..
I think what he wants is a system that generates these filtering options based on what products are available in a shopping site.
8. by Yerfry Ramirez - 5 years ago (2015-08-16) in reply to comment 7 by Manuel Lemos Comment
I see. This too makes sense. So to put it simple, some kind of filter which loops through the database searching for a certain key which is pre-defined in an input and if anby type of match has been found the returned data will be displayed on the page?
9. by Manuel Lemos - 5 years ago (2015-08-16) in reply to comment 8 by Yerfry Ramirez Comment
This is a bit complex. The search system must be able to find products that match certain keywords, the it groups the characteristics that are common but have different values for each product.
10. by Yerfry Ramirez - 5 years ago (2015-08-18) in reply to comment 9 by Manuel Lemos Comment
It's indeed complex but not impossible.
1. by Samuel Adeshina - 5 years ago (2015-08-10) Reply
Hi. Pardon me if I'm lost here. What kind of mechanism are you talking about here, do you mean an algorithm that can automatically sort the data based on some defined entities probably in your database or a clustering algorithm such as that used by the giant e-commerce sites
2. by Manuel Lemos - 5 years ago (2015-08-15) in reply to comment 1 by Samuel Adeshina Comment
Yes, this request is a bit vague.
I think it is one of those mechanisms that allow you to filter products of a certain brand, size, and other characteristics.
This package will validate user input and is well maintained.
1. by Manuel Lemos Reply- 5 years ago (2015-08-16)
Yes, the forms package can be used to display the user interface for selecting the options for narrowing the search for products in a shopping site.
But I think those search options need to be built from characteristics of the products being searched.
This is not a trivial problem. The PHP Classes site uses a similar system for searching for PHP professionals although it is not as flexible.