PHP Classes

ECound not send the message

Recommend this page to a friend!

SMTP E-mail sending class  >  All threads  >  ECound not send the message  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:ECound not send the message
Summary:it was not possible to read line from the SMTP server: data acc
Author:Mahmood Reza Delfieh
Date:2008-03-05 03:17:24
Update:2008-03-05 20:41:23

1. ECound not send the message   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mahmood Reza Delfieh Mahmood Reza Delfieh - 2008-03-05 03:17:24
When i try to send email show me this error :

Error: it was not possible to read line from the SMTP server: data access time out

how can i solve this problem??
Thanks
Mahmood

2. Re: ECound not send the message   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2008-03-05 04:01:51 - In reply to message 1 from Mahmood Reza Delfieh
It is possible that the server is doing some kind or verification that exceeds the current timeout value.

If you set the timeout variable value to low, you can either increase that variable value or set the data_timeout value to an higher data transfer timeout value.

3. Re: ECound not send the message   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mahmood Reza Delfieh Mahmood Reza Delfieh - 2008-03-05 09:02:12 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Thanks for kindly response,

please let me know which timeout you mean?
$smtp->timeout=10;
$smtp->data_timeout=0;

Thanks
Mahmood

4. Re: ECound not send the message   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Mahmood Reza Delfieh Mahmood Reza Delfieh - 2008-03-05 09:09:03 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
Hi
I raised timeout to 60 now i have this err:

Error: 554 5.7.1 : Relay access denied

what can i do?

Thanks
Mahmood

5. Re: ECound not send the message   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2008-03-05 20:41:23 - In reply to message 4 from Mahmood Reza Delfieh
That means that server you are using is not allowing to relay messages to remote recipients.

You probably need to authenticate with an user and password to be allowed to relay messages.