PHP Classes

Proxy Support

Recommend this page to a friend!

DOMIT! RSS parser  >  All threads  >  Proxy Support  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Proxy Support
Summary:Cannot get proxy support to work
Author:Paul Monday
Date:2005-04-18 16:16:12
Update:2012-02-29 04:34:36

1. Proxy Support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Paul Monday Paul Monday - 2005-04-18 16:16:12
Hi, I'm using Mambo 4.5.2 and I'm trying to get the News Feeds section working. I am behind a firewall so I need to use a proxy. Some of the information running around said to use $this->setProxy, but there are no calls like this, there is only setProxyConnection. Unfortunately, there are setProxyConnection calls on many of the PHP classes.

The newsfeed code appears as follows:
$rssDoc =& new xml_domit_rss_document();
$rssDoc->useCacheLite( true, $LitePath, $cacheDir, newsfeed->cache_time );
$rssDoc->setProxyConnection('129.148.9.42', '/', 8080); // I ADDED
$rssDoc->loadRSS( $newsfeed->link );
$totalChannels = $rssDoc->getChannelCount();

I added the setProxyConnection call...no luck. I also sprinkled setProxyConnection calls throughout the domit classes themselves...no luck.

Have you seen this before?????? I even tried putting in a userid/password (even though I don't need one)...no luck.

Any clues on this?

2. Re: Proxy Support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of John Heinstein John Heinstein - 2005-04-18 17:26:01 - In reply to message 1 from Paul Monday
Hi,

Try changing the line...

$rssDoc->setProxyConnection('129.148.9.42', '/', 8080); // I ADDED

to...

$rssDoc->setProxyConnection('http://129.148.9.42', '/', 8080);

3. Re: Proxy Support RSS/Mambo   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of tiberio visentin tiberio visentin - 2005-05-13 11:54:09 - In reply to message 1 from Paul Monday
Hi,
I'm having the same problem here.
Did you manage to succeed? Is not something that can be configured at set-up?

Thank you for your help
Tiberio

4. Re: Proxy Support   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of ufoe ufoe - 2012-02-29 04:34:36 - In reply to message 2 from John Heinstein
example_domit_rss_lite.php can't work too

Warning: require_once(/rssparser/xml_domit_include.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /rssparser/xml_domit_rss_shared.php on line 534

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/rssparser/xml_domit_include.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php_fcgi/lib/php') in /rssparser/xml_domit_rss_shared.php on line 534