PHP Classes

number of message incorrect

Recommend this page to a friend!

POP3 e-mail client  >  All threads  >  number of message incorrect  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:number of message incorrect
Summary:incorrect number of messages for Gmail
Author:Stefan Hartweg
Date:2007-01-28 02:31:11
Update:2007-02-23 11:54:23

1. number of message incorrect   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Stefan Hartweg Stefan Hartweg - 2007-01-28 02:31:11
Hi,
for some reason the number of messages displayed by either Statistics or ListMessages functions seems to be incorrect when logging into GMail.

Both function return 13 messages as a result, however there are a lot more messages in my inbox, both read and unread.

Any idea why this happens?

Thank you.

Steve

2. Re: number of message incorrect   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2007-01-28 03:32:12 - In reply to message 1 from Stefan Hartweg
I think that is due to the fact that you probably have messages in your box that arrived before you enabled POP support in your Gmail account.

If you go to the Gmail account settings page, your probably see something like this:

Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since 6/23/04

3. Re: number of message incorrect   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Stefan Hartweg Stefan Hartweg - 2007-01-28 20:28:22 - In reply to message 2 from Manuel Lemos
ah ok, that could be it.
Thanks you are a library of knowledge :-)

One last question: have you ever tried to connect to Gmail using the PEAR mail to send emails?
I'm getting an authentication error
authentication failure [SMTP: SMTP server does no support authentication (code: 250, response: mx.google.com at your service, SIZE 20971520 8BITMIME STARTTLS ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES)]

Steve

4. Re: number of message incorrect   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Manuel Lemos Manuel Lemos - 2007-01-28 22:37:44 - In reply to message 3 from Stefan Hartweg
No, I do not use PEAR packages because I have my own solutions.

For SMTP mail sending, you can use this other class. It supports authentication and the example script explains how to set it to send via Gmail:

phpclasses.org/smtpclass

That class would work better in conjunction with the MIME message composing and sending class that can use the SMTP class for delivery of the messages that it composes:

phpclasses.org/mimemessage

5. Re: number of message incorrect   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Stefan Hartweg Stefan Hartweg - 2007-01-29 20:18:14 - In reply to message 4 from Manuel Lemos
I will try that, again thank you so much.

Steve

6. Re: Looking for php mail code   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Victor Greenwood Victor Greenwood - 2007-02-23 11:54:23 - In reply to message 4 from Manuel Lemos
Hi,

I am looking for PHP code that will allow my mail server to get an automatic return receipt and delivery conformation of the mail sent to clients.

Kind regards,

Victor