PHP Classes

Script turns off other scripts on page

Recommend this page to a friend!

Thesaurus tooltip  >  All threads  >  Script turns off other scripts on page  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Script turns off other scripts on page
Summary:Drop down menu doesn't work when thesaurus script is on page
Author:kj
Date:2007-07-10 22:10:37
Update:2009-09-24 11:08:40

1. Script turns off other scripts on page   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of kj kj - 2007-07-10 22:10:37
I have a test page, located here - http://www.childcareaware.org/en/tools/glossary/test.php. The problem is that my drop down menu uses javascript, and when the thesaurus script gets added, the menu stops dropping down. I'm not very familiar with javascript, so I'm hoping one of you will tell me that it's just a problem with how the lines are positioned. Thanks for any help you can give!

2. Re: Script turns off other scripts on page   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Dmitry Sheiko Dmitry Sheiko - 2007-07-11 06:46:44 - In reply to message 1 from kj
childcareaware.org/includes/menu/ch ... is really elegant solution to have drop down menu, but I don't know what is wrong with your case. Maybe it's because Thesaurus change HTML-tree on-the-fly in the time when menu script also change properties of HTML-tree by its own way.

Try to limit your area of Thesaurus analysis (Thesaurus activity area). For example you can make
script to parse only 2 blocks:

<div id="Block1">text text</div>
text text
<div id="Block2">text text</div>

You have to change parseChildNodes() function of thesaurus.js in the following
way:

function parseChildNodes(obj) {
for (var i=0; i<obj.childNodes.length; i++) {
if( obj.childNodes[i].childNodes.length>0 &&
obj.childNodes[i].id=="Block1" &&
obj.childNodes[i].id=="Block2")
parseChildNodes( obj.childNodes[i] );
else parseText( obj.childNodes[i] ) ;
}
}

3. Re: Script turns off other scripts on page   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of oguz oguz - 2007-08-23 03:05:18 - In reply to message 2 from Dmitry Sheiko
i have the same problem at http://www.siberhaber.net/haberdetay.asp?id=445 . Tab menu script stops when i add thesaurus script. also i tried <Block1> but it did not work

4. Re: Script turns off other scripts on page   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alexey Belov Alexey Belov - 2009-09-24 11:08:40 - In reply to message 3 from oguz
the same problem, accordeon menu doesn't work when thesaurus is enabled, div doesn't help