PHP Classes

ffmpeg usability

Recommend this page to a friend!

PHP Video Toolkit  >  All threads  >  ffmpeg usability  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:ffmpeg usability
Summary:using it in web
Author:Deepak Moktan
Date:2007-07-05 08:11:05
Update:2008-04-10 07:23:30

1. ffmpeg usability   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Deepak Moktan Deepak Moktan - 2007-07-05 08:11:06
this class seems very usefult but unfortunately I am not being able to use it due to (I think) failure to set up LAME and FLVTOOL2.Here I expect solution to this problem .Let us find solution to this problem so that we can use it amke finally make it useful.

2. Re: ffmpeg usability   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of mike d mike d - 2007-08-02 14:47:05 - In reply to message 1 from Deepak Moktan
You might want to take a look at flvtool++ as an alternative to flvtool2.

rcdn.org:8080/index.php/Flvtool++

Another alternative is to use heywatch.com and its api as your video processing engine.

3. Re: ffmpeg usability   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of tobozo tobozo - 2008-02-19 17:01:06 - In reply to message 1 from Deepak Moktan
Really nice class, downgraded nicefully to php4 and works just fine.

However I had some problems with the lame encoder too (compiled with the windows version of ffmepg).

So I played a bit with the class code when trying to figure out where the problem came from, and found out (by copy/pasting the content of $exec_sting into a command line window) there was this error message :

Unknown codec 'mp3'

Here's the solution I applied :

* Locate in the setFormatToFLV() function the following code
and comment it out :

// $this->addCommand('-acodec', 'mp3');

Problem was gone away after I did this ...

4. Re: ffmpeg usability   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Oliver Lillie Oliver Lillie - 2008-02-19 17:22:48 - In reply to message 3 from tobozo
Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into the situation, it was muy understanding that to get audio in the flv you had to force the audio codec to mp3. are you saying you still get audio with that removed?

5. Re: ffmpeg usability   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Stormrage Stormrage - 2008-02-21 13:16:24 - In reply to message 3 from tobozo
How did you downgrade this to php4 ? :)

6. Re: ffmpeg usability   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Stormrage Stormrage - 2008-02-22 08:47:56 - In reply to message 5 from Stormrage
never mind i figured it out :) great class btw

7. Re: ffmpeg usability   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Bryan Blas Bryan Blas - 2008-04-10 07:23:30 - In reply to message 1 from Deepak Moktan
how to use it in php4? thanks in advance