PHP Classes

FireFox

Recommend this page to a friend!

DHTML and CSS CAPTCHA  >  All threads  >  FireFox  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:FireFox
Summary:Doesn't seem to work correctly in XP FireFox or on Mac
Author:Robert
Date:2008-05-10 00:22:02
Update:2008-05-10 16:49:52

1. FireFox   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Robert Robert - 2008-05-10 00:22:02
I have the captcha working very nicely with IE on my site, but on the XP version of Firefox the squares do not show the moving grid square marker, so it can't be used correctly, and my colleague on Mac Mozilla reports that the captcha doesn't work there either. Maybe I did something wrong...?

Bob

2. Re: FireFox   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Robert Robert - 2008-05-10 01:11:31 - In reply to message 1 from Robert
Well, here I go again replying to my own messages!

I got the captcha to work, but only after removing the DOCTYPE tag that I had in my page:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Bob

3. Re: FireFox   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Robert Robert - 2008-05-10 03:20:23 - In reply to message 2 from Robert
Well, I need to put the DOCTYPE declaration back in, in order to make my navigation menus work. So, let's all try to make the CAPTCHA work when the page has the DOCTYPE:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

This should put the HTML into the latest standard, but CAPTCHA won't work correctly when that DOCTYPE is in force.

I'll see if I can figure out what the problem is...

Bob

4. Re: FireFox   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alexander Selifonov Alexander Selifonov - 2008-05-10 06:14:01 - In reply to message 3 from Robert
Hmm, interesting dependency.
On my pages I use the following DOCTYPE:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
and it works fine with Firefox / Windows XP.
But if I insert Your DOCTYPE tag with "...transitional.dtd" url, I see what You mean - it doesn't work...
I will investigate it too. If You find out something, please let me know, OK ?

5. Re: FireFox   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Alexander Selifonov Alexander Selifonov - 2008-05-10 08:34:15 - In reply to message 1 from Robert
I've found the problem origin and have fixed the code. So You can download updated version. At least it works fine in my tests with FireFox and DOCTYPE...dtd
On setting new position (style.left, style.top) of marking image, I didn't use 'px' in coordinate values, and I think "strong HTML checking" denied such values.

6. Re: FireFox   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Robert Robert - 2008-05-10 16:49:52 - In reply to message 5 from Alexander Selifonov
Thanks Alexander, you fixed the code nicely and it now works well in all the browsers I have tried.

Bob