PHP Classes

Accented Characters

Recommend this page to a friend!

Native Excel Reader  >  All threads  >  Accented Characters  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Accented Characters
Summary:Some accented chars displaying incorrectly
Author:Allan Gowen
Date:2011-03-03 03:33:42
Update:2011-03-03 03:43:25

1. Accented Characters   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Allan Gowen Allan Gowen - 2011-03-03 03:33:42
Hi, Firstly this is the best Excel parser I have found to date, and will be implementing it as son as I figure out this bug.

Most accented vowels are displaying correctly (á,ö,ø etc), but I find that there are still a few that don't display correctly (for example "ś" gets parsed as "Å›").

If there is anywhere in the class code you could point me to view the raw cell code, that would be great, otherwise I suppose I could always do some post processing on known conversion errors.

Thanks
Allan

2. Re: Accented Characters   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Allan Gowen Allan Gowen - 2011-03-03 03:35:58 - In reply to message 1 from Allan Gowen
sorry, the code parsed the character. It should have shown the hyphenated s instead of ś

3. Re: Accented Characters   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Allan Gowen Allan Gowen - 2011-03-03 03:43:25 - In reply to message 1 from Allan Gowen
My apologies... It's not doing any conversion on that character, it's just the web browser doesn't know how to display it in html because it's not in the character set.

I simply replaced the character with the ASCII value before displaying it and it works fine.

Sorry for the trouble