|All requests||>||Schedule SMS in month, day, hours, mi...||>||Request new recommendation||>||Featured requests||>||No recommendations|
by Joshua Njovu - 2 years ago (2015-02-12)
Many third party APIs for SMS sending can't schedule the message delivery.
I have a third party API for sending SMS but I want to schedule the delivery of SMS as well.
10. by Amos Mensah - 8 months ago (2016-12-03) Reply
I am working on something of such , will upload once i am done , Please no critics. instead you can contribute to it Thanks .
1. by Manuel Lemos - 2 years ago (2015-02-13) Reply
If the API can't schedule the SMS message delivery, you can create a queue on a database with the messages that you want to send.
Then you can use cron or whatever is your system scheduler to poll the queue and see if it is time for the next message to be delivered.
I have not seen a class specifically to queue SMS messages, but it would not be hard to implement one.
2. by Gerry Danen - 2 years ago (2015-02-18) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
This is the best solution, Joshua.
Manuel is right. I do the same with weekly reports that are scheduled with cron to run Sunday night.
I also have a cron job running every few minutes to look at a report queue (MySQL table with appropriate info), to see if a report needs to be run.
3. by Chi Hoang - 2 years ago (2015-02-19) in reply to comment 2 by Gerry Danen Comment
Cron jobs is only for periodical events.
4. by Manuel Lemos - 2 years ago (2015-02-19) in reply to comment 3 by Chi Hoang Comment
Yes, but you can run a cron job periodically to check if it is time to send a scheduled message.
If it is time, the message will be sent and removed from the queue. Otherwise nothing is done.
5. by Chi Hoang - 2 years ago (2015-02-22) in reply to comment 4 by Manuel Lemos Comment
Imagine themesseage has. to be send continously for x days. Its not so simple to use a queue and dequeue it and look for the next message in the queue that neeeds also send continuously. You need some logic when the message start and stop sending plus the periodically event for example daily, weekly, monthly. There is only a few cron can do.
6. by Manuel Lemos - 2 years ago (2015-02-22) in reply to comment 5 by Chi Hoang Comment
The idea of the general poster is to schedule messages that will be sent only once, not periodically.
So the message can be scheduled once at a specific time, not a period that needs to be repeated regularly.
7. by Chi Hoang - 2 years ago (2015-02-22) in reply to comment 6 by Manuel Lemos Comment
Ues but its. not the same when you repeated events and my script. For example you can pre compute the whole year. It shows the start and stop date and also you. you define the time when it needs to run again.
8. by Manuel Lemos - 2 years ago (2015-02-22) in reply to comment 7 by Chi Hoang Comment
Yes, but what I got from the original poster is that he just wants to send individual messages only once at a specific date and time, not the same message regularly.
9. by Joshua Njovu - 2 years ago (2015-03-23) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Comment
Manual, I want some kind of high level package, where you just pass let us assume , Date and a message, then the package does the rest of the work
you can try this package to schedule the sms
5. by Youssef Essaaf - 8 months ago (2016-11-30) in reply to comment 4 by Rizwan Abbas Reply
6. by Youssef Essaaf - 8 months ago (2016-11-30) in reply to comment 4 by Rizwan Abbas Reply
please give me your email adress. i have a job for you :)
You can try my package Sweepstakes. It used to calculate the days of periodical events and events over many days.
1. by Manuel Lemos - 2 years ago (2015-02-18) Reply
The problem is not really calculating days, but rather start an action at a specific scheduled day.
2. by Chi Hoang - 2 years ago (2015-02-19) in reply to comment 1 by Manuel Lemos Reply
Cron jobs is only for periodical events.
3. by Joshua Njovu - 2 years ago (2015-03-23) in reply to comment 2 by Chi Hoang Reply
Thanks gentalmen. Chi i appreciate that solution, but my forcus as Manuel has said is to send at a given PERIOD. The challenge with cron jobs though is the they require manual implementation. I though wanted some kind of abstraction.