|All requests||>||HTML to Excel on the fly||>||Request new recommendation||>||Featured requests||>||No recommendations|
by rupam - 3 years ago (2015-09-13)
I need a PHP package that can create any HTML to Excel on the fly.
4. by Leo Daidone - 3 years ago (2015-09-21) Reply
are you looking at the right place? since you need it on the fly maybe you should look at http://www.jsclasses.org/
3. by Gerry Danen - 3 years ago (2015-09-21) in reply to comment 2 by Manuel Lemos Comment
5. by Manuel Lemos - 3 years ago (2015-09-21) in reply to comment 3 by Gerry Danen Comment
Yes, it would be a nice and innovative idea for a class to port to PHP.
1. by Manuel Lemos - 3 years ago (2015-09-15) Reply
How exactly do you want to convert HTML to Excel?
Do you mean you want to convert HTML tables to Excel spreadsheets?
I have used this class to read and write Excel 2007+ spreadsheets. The only caveat I have found is that cell A1 has to have data in it but you can overwrite it.
If you are reading HTML tables from another website or the like, learn to parse the table. Not hard, look for <tr, </tr, <td and </td and maybe <th and </th. I have done it but only in a specific case, not something I could publish.
1. by Manuel Lemos - 3 years ago (2015-09-23) Reply
Yes, any DOM classes can traverse HTML to pass it to that Excel class.